Sunday, March 11, 2007

WE INTERRUPT THIS PROGRAM.... THE WEDDING FAIRY GETS ENGAGED

Hi everyone!

I am very sorry for the mini-hiatus. Work has been crazy crazy crazy, and things have been pretty hectic (though, in a good way).

TallGuy proposed two weekends ago, and I am so thrilled. We are looking to have a wedding in Manhattan in Spring 2008--that's about as far as I've gotten with any ideas! I am happy to share details if anyone wants to hear them, but the point of my blog is--and always has been--about how to help others. As I plan, I am sure there will be interesting elements to share--and problems/issues that I will come across--for which I will need your advice and feedback. As I get started, I want to emphasize that I very much intend to keep up my blog (the whole point of one of my series is not to disappear BECAUSE of your wedding -- wouldn't that be ironic if The Wedding Fairy did that as soon as she started her own planning?!) It's very important to me to TAKE MY OWN ADVICE, and not become "that bride" that I often speak about. Dishing it out is one thing. Being able to DO AS I SAY? That will be the goal!!!

I appreciate your staying with me, and I look forward to sharing my experiences with you. I hope that these experiences will help me--as well as my readers--in terms of how to gracefully handle complicated issues that arise during this exciting time.

Stay tuned!

9 comments:

chrissie said...

Congratulations!

Megan said...

Congrats! Hope the planning goes smoothly.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. We would love to hear details of your wedding planning too!

Katie

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

I replied to you because I thought you might benefit from this. If I am out of line, please forgive me.

Here is a wedding idea to consider from Bridal by Design: beautiful custom stamps for your announcements and other wedding mailings. Instead of using ordinary stamps from the Post Office on those special mailings, you can use stamps that were not only designed for your purpose but customizable with your words and dates as well with a website special feature. Since its launch, these stamps have been very popular for invitations. Yes, these are official US postage stamps!

Our wedding stamp gallery has been very popular, probably because we have one of the best wedding stamp design collections on the internet.

You can find my growing Zazzle.com gallery of designs at http://www.zazzle.com/bridalbydesign* and at http://tinyurl.com/7w5qy (a direct link) or http://www.zazzle.com/MarkoMarko*. The first URL is condensed to make it easier to work with.

Presently I have more than 170+ different stamp designs and more than half can be easily customized. You are welcome to read my customizing ideas. [ See http://www.zazzle.com/contributors/journal/entries.asp?cid=238414603713093271]

While you are there, take a look at our growing collection of wedding and love gift items! Some have matching stamp designs.

If you have already finished your wedding planning, please pass this great idea along.

All the best.

Markomarko
Bridal by Design

Anonymous said...

www.brides.com/modernbride/modernbrideoftheyear/

Sarita&Pepe said...

Congratulations! Are you going to become a "knottie"? I'm also getting married in Spring 2008!

Dataceptionist said...

Congratulations! I moved jobs and lost your link, so it's been a while.
:)

Anonymous said...

I have questions. Do I ask them here?

Anonymous said...

I have questions. Do I ask them here?