Monday, March 12, 2007

WE INTERRUPT THIS PROGRAM.... THE WEDDING FAIRY GETS ENGAGED (PART II)

Thanks, ladies! I appreciate the well wishes. I'm super excited, and I couldn't be happier. It was a HUGE surprise to me (though my friends wondered how I had NO idea after 2 and a half years of dating!), which made it that much sweeter.

In terms of planning, I haven't done much, except flipped through my tons of bridal magazines (YES, I DID buy those mags pre-engagement - but I claim it was only with respect to wedding research for the blog!), called a bunch of potential locations, and went to Michael C. Fina for CHINA/FLATWARE/GLASSWARE 101 with my mother (I figure I'll take TallGuy once I get the lay of the land as to what I'm looking for). So far, nothing has clicked in terms of the ceremony/reception site -- I'm getting antsy about it, but I'm trying not to get too concerned (yet) :)

I'm beginning to experience--and fast--that there's a lot to do, ladies! I feel like once I find the place, I'll feel a lot better (or at least less like a chicken running around with her head cut off).

As I mentioned I'm looking to do the ceremony and reception in NYC (both at the same place). I'd LOVE to find somewhere with an outdoor space, or a great view, but it's not a necessity. Something "quintissential NYC" is really what I'm after (something historic, or NYC having its roots in the specific site). I LOVE the idea of the wedding feeling more like a dinner-party, and an intimate affair. We're looking to have between 120-150 people.

Before I get back to posting about the different topics/themes that have been part of my blog since the beginning, I wanted to thank you all again for your comments. I'm sure you all have fabulous advice having gone through the process---or still going through it now---so feel free to pass along any tidbits or pearls of wisdom. I certainly need them!!!!

Stay tuned!

No comments: