Thursday, July 10, 2008

MUSINGS ON THE MISCELLANEOUS - QUESTION FOR MY AWESOME READERS

I just received a comment, that I'd like to share with you:

"In the spirit of constructive criticism - and this is going to sound like a weird one... I LOVE your blog, but the black background with the white writing gives me such a headache that I can't read more than one post at a time... Might you consider changing to white?"

Not weird at all. Really, really helpful in fact. I appreciate the feedback.

Do others feel this way too? I'd be happy to change the template to make it easier for you guys to read - I always thought that white was actually more difficult to read, but maybe not.

What do other people think? Thoughts or comments?

Thanks, Anon, for bringing this up to me -- whether or not I get other responses, I will seriously consider changing the template - I don't want to give my readers headaches!!

Stay tuned!

11 comments:

Jenny said...

Yes, it has given me a headache too. I just started reading your blog a few days ago..and I'm addicted! I love it! I just started planning my wedding and I'm learning so much!

Le said...

Stick with what you have. I love the look and find it easier on the eyes.

Linda said...

I read your posts through Google Reader so it's ok. Perhaps you could lighten the background color.

Megan said...

I read your posts through bloglines, so I don't see the template, but *supposedly* white text on black is supposed to be easier on the eyes, *but* people are so used to black text on white (books, newspapers, other websites) that they have a hard time adjusting.

A said...

I would lighten the background color maybe, but not white.

The white on black is a bit tough on the eyes.

Anonymous said...

yeah it's true...as much as I would loooove to go on reading ur blog...my eyes get tired easily & my vision blurs after around 10 mins max..pls DO consider changing it! I looove ur blog & am planning my wedding too..would love to keep on reading..as long as u keep on blogging...in another colour..

Jessica Ralph said...

I recommend changing the background color as well. More people will click in...less will click out : )

Jessica said...

I would also suggest changing the dark background. More people would click in {and stay in}...less people will click out : )

JacquelineBarry said...

Oh yes! I just clicked from yours to a boring black on white page and now I am seeing stripes. I agree with lightening it a bit please!

Nicole said...

i dont like the black background either. it strikes me as morbid esp when talking about weddings... maybe im just a traditionalist

Anonymous said...

The black background can be a little tough- it reads a little severe (both on the eyes and design-wise) Why not try it white and see what happens?