Tuesday, May 05, 2009

HELLO 30! THE WEDDING FAIRY'S "NEW WAVE" OF WEDDINGS (PART II)

OK. So a lot seems to have changed since I was in the throes of wedding planning, and, before that, attending the first wave of weddings a few years ago.

It seems that short dresses are a new trend!!! How psyched (as a bridesmaid and/or wedding guest) am I?!

Obviously, for semi-formal events, shorter dresses, or tea length, has always been viewed as completely, 100% appropriate -- in fact, my future sister-in-law is choosing between some amazing frocks that are shorter in length, since their wedding is taking place on a Sunday afternoon (hence: semi-formal attire).

But, whether for a semi-formal or formal wedding, it seems that wedding attire is becoming more flexible. I LOVE being able to wear a short dress - even to a formal event. It seems a lot more comfortable, and, as a bridesmaid, I am loving the idea of being able to walk down the aisle without tripping on a long dress (which I have definitely done - albeit gracefully, thank goodness!)

At my own wedding (which was black tie), I noticed that many (if not most, at least among my friends) female guests were wearing short dresses -- all appropriate, and beautiful - but I wasn't expecting it! I loved it.

I guess the long and the short of it (haha) is that, these days, hemlines are changing, and brides--and guests--are throwing out "the rules".

I like that. It's refreshing and neat to see new trends. Just something new that I've observed, as a thirty-year old wedding fairy. :)

Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Tails from the City said...

So glad you're back! Can't wait for the next post. :)